Lamour Group Inc. (“we”, “us” and “our”) takes data privacy seriously. We recognise and value the trust that customers place in us when providing us with personal data and we are committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of personal data we may collect from visitors to our website and/or the clients to whom we sell products.
This Privacy Notice aims to help you understand our personal data collection, usage, and disclosure practices by explaining:
- Who we are and what we do
- How we obtain the personal data about you
- What personal data we collect about you
- Is children data collected
- How we use your personal data
- Who we share your personal data with
- How long we keep your data
- How we protect your personal data
- What rights you have in relation to your personal data
- Who is the data controller for your personal data and how can you contact us
- How we will update this Privacy Notice
By providing your personal data to us (whether via one of our websites, by email, in person or over the phone), you agree to the processing set out in this Privacy Notice. More updates detailing how we wish to use your personal data with your ability to opt in or out of selected uses may also be provided to you when we collect personal data from you.
Please note: This Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any third party websites which may be accessible through links from this website. If you follow a link to any of these third party websites, they will have their own privacy policies and you will need to check these policies before you submit any personal data to such third party websites.
Who we are and what we do
Trust is part of our foundation and includes trusting us to do the right thing with your information. Three main values guides us regarding your information and privacy.
Your information belongs to you
We carefully analyze what types of information we need to provide our services, and we try to limit the information we collect to only what we really need. Were possible, we delete or anonymize this information when we no longer need it. Our guiding principle is that your information belongs to you, and we aim to only use your information to your benefit.
We protect your information from others
If a third party requests your personal information, we will refuse to share it unless you give us permission, or we are legally required. When we are legally required to share your personal information, we will tell you in advance, unless we are legally forbidden.
We help merchants and partners meet their privacy obligations
Many of our merchants and partners using us do not have the benefit of a dedicated privacy team, and it is important to us to help them meet their privacy obligations. To do this, we try to build our products and services so they can easily be used in a privacy-friendly way. We also provide detailed FAQs, documentation covering the most important privacy topics, and respond to privacy-related questions we receive.
How we obtain the personal data about you
We may collect or receive your personal data in a number of different ways:
- Where you provide it to us directly, for example by corresponding with us by email, or via other direct interactions with us such as completing a form on our website or registering for and using one of our online tools;
- Where we monitor use of, or interactions with, our website, any marketing we may send to you, or other email communications sent from or received by us;
- Third party sources you agreed for your information to be shared with us;
- Publicly available sources- we may, for example, use such sources to help us keep the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date.
What personal data we collect about you?
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to :
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal Code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the service.
Usage Data may include information such as your device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
-Strictly Necessary Cookies:
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
These cookies are necessary to enable you to move around our site and use its features. These cookies also allow our site to remember your previous action within the same browsing session.
These cookies allow our site to remember choices you make when you visit our site in order to provide enhanced, more personalized features to you. The types of information collected by functionality cookies are, language preference, and the region you are located in.
-Advertising and Retargeting Cookies:
These cookies save information from your browsing history in order to record your interests and your browsing path on our site. We may use advertising and targeting cookies for retargeting, which enables our advertising partners to target advertising to you on other websites, based on your visit to our site. Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy or the Cookies section of our Privacy Notice.
Is children data collected?
We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our service only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
If you have reason to believe that a minor has provided us with personal information, please contact us with sufficient detail to enable us to delete information.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data where we are permitted to do so by applicable law. We use your personal information to provide services or products to you, which includes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the service.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by us about our service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: we may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, for payment processing, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your personal data may be transferred. We will provide notice before your personal data is transferred and becomes subject to a different Privacy Notice.
- With affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this Privacy Notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any other subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With law enforcement: Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend our rights or property
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
How we protect your personal data
We recognise that information security is an integral element of data privacy. While no data transmission (including over the Internet or any website) can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion, we implement a range of commercially reasonable physical, technical and procedural measures to help protect personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in accordance with data protection law requirements.
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at our operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Your consent to this Privacy Notice followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and no transfer of your personal data will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of Your data and other personal information.
How is your data processed
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent
- The performance of the contract between you and the site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
The service providers we use may have access to your personal data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about your activity on our service in accordance with their Privacy Notice.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page:
We may use your personal data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting us. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by using an unsubscribe facility or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their Privacy Notice. These payment processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
Usage, Performance and Miscellaneous
We may use third-party service Providers to provide better improvement of our service.
Do we have other services
What rights you have in relation to your personal data
You have the following rights with regard to the processing of your personal data by us:
- the right to request whether we process your personal data and, if this is the case, to inspect your personal data;
- the right to rectification of your personal data if they are incorrect or incomplete;
- the right to have your personal data deleted ('right to be forgotten');
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data or to limit the processing of your personal data;
- the right to withdraw consent for the processing of your personal data at any time, if the processing is based on your consent;
- the right to receipt or transfer of your personal data by or to a third party designated by you in a structured, customary and machine-readable form ('right to data portability').
If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, please contact us via details provided in section 12 below or via the address mentioned in the ‘About us’ section.
Please be aware that in order to prevent fraud and misuse, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request. If you wish to inspect personal data linked to a cookie, please make sure to include a copy of the relevant cookie. You will find the cookie in your browser settings.
Within a month after receipt of your request, we will inform you whether we can comply with your request. This period may be extended by two months in specific cases, for example when a complex request is made. We will inform you of such an extension within one month of receipt of your request. Based on privacy legislation we can refuse your request under certain circumstances. If we do so, we will explain the reasons for the refusal. If you object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, we will always respect this request. You can find more information about your privacy rights on the website for:
United States of America: https://oag.ca.gov
While it is our policy to respect the rights of individuals, please be aware that your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime), our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege) and some of these rights may be limited (for example the right to withdraw consent) where we are required or permitted by law to continue processing your personal data to defend our legal rights or meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
If you contact us to exercise any of these rights we will check your entitlement and respond in most cases within a month.
If you are not satisfied with our use of your personal data or our response to any exercise of these rights, you have the right to complain to the relevant Supervisory Authority (data protection regulator).
- Collect information that will help us understand visitor’s browsing habits on our website;
- Compile statistical reports on website activity, e.g. number of visitors and the pages they visit;
- In some cases, remember information about you when you visit our site. We may need to do this to provide some of our services
Who is the data controller for your personal data and how can you contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or how we process your personal data, please contact us by sending an email to our data controller: email@example.com , or by writing to: 55 Louvain Ouest, suite 200, Montreal (QC) H2N 1A4.
How we will update this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated in May 4th, 2022